Saturday, July 19, 2014

Home 7.19.14

I'm posting this 7 months late, but here it is...


Today I arrived home after 7 months and 13 days of being away and 11 months since I first embarked for Nigeria.

This past year has given me the opportunity of living overseas, getting immersed in new cultures and making some amazing new friends.

I haven't added the exact minutes, but approximately 10 full days out of the last 365 have been spent on an airplane. 

The travels started a year ago today when one of my college roommate's and I visited another roommate in Colorado. After returning, I had just weeks to prepare for my journey to Nigeria. 

In the past year, I've been in 19 different airports in 12 separate countries and in 4 different continents. (And some airports multiple times) I've flown with numerous airlines.  I've stepped foot in 6 new countries.  

This marks the end of one chapter and the beginning of a new one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment