Friday, July 3, 2015

From the Heart

We began the day with a loving example of a generous and selfless heart. Even after having little sleep for the past few days, Rod Story, the vice president of EE, woke up early to fix a delicious breakfast, something he's been talking about doing for the past week.
14
After we were given our breakfast, a group of us got into a small bus and drove to Nabila school. A school in Australia has been raising support to buy the Nabila school several laptops, as well as a printer and stacks of books to add to their library. Both the teachers and students will be able to benefit from more resources.
5IMG_6089
While we were presenting the students with their gifts, I was again blown away by the selfless generosity shown by others. The students were thrilled with their new books. They couldn't wait to start reading them and poured over the pictures in the book.
IMG_5960
For people that have so little, they have so much to give back.
 IMG_6086
I have a lesson to learn from today. When I'm tired, I think I owe it to myself to save the last scraps of my energy. I don't want to turn around and give back to others. In fact, when I get tired, I become selfish and it doesn't cross my mind to look out for those around me. 
1 2 3 4   7
I want to give from my overflow, but when I'm running low, I begin to hoard. It's not just my time or willingness to help others. I do the same with my money. I'm generous when I have plenty, but when the coffers get low, I tend to keep what I have for myself.
8 9  11 1012 13
I'm reminded of the story in Luke 21:1-4 where the widow puts the last two coins that she has into the offering.
Jesus told his disciples that she gave more than anyone else, because "they all contriuted out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."
IMG_6055  
For a school that has so little, they were able to put together a snack for all of us. Again, I was blown away by their generosity. Here we are to love them and help them in any way we can and what do we get in return? They're putting everything they have together to give back to us.
IMG_8230
Today I am blessed by the giving hearts of those around me and encouraged to act likewise.
Blessings,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment