Friday, December 6, 2013

Christmas Pageant

"Christmas time is here
Happiness and cheer
Fun for all that children call
Their favorite time of year"

Things are wrapping up for the year. Today I finished my last day of classes, then next week we have exams, then it's homeward bound to see my family and friends!  

While I love my students, and know that God has called me here to ACA, I am also really longing to be home right now. I know I complain about the cold in the winter, but sweating through a Christmas pageant is a new one for me. 

When you haven't grown up with warm winters, it's hard to get into the Christmas spirit, especially with every other song being about snow and sleigh bells. That's not to say that I haven't been singing Christmas songs non-stop for the past week. I'm enjoying getting to see some of the Christmas traditions here in Nigeria. 

Tonight our lower school had their annual Christmas pageant. Looking around the packed auditorium tonight, I was struck again by the fact that we have so many different cultures under our roof. As our students were singing their hearts out about the birth of the King, I got teary-eyed and my heart began to swell as I realized, maybe the parents and families here can learn about Christ through the singing of  a 7 year old. 

"Going to see the King, king of everything..."













No comments:

Post a Comment