Thursday, October 17, 2013

Face to Face

Chris Thomlin has a really great song titled, "Your Heart," about the life of King David.  

The refrain goes like this...

"At the end of the day, I wanna hear people say
My heart looks like Your heart, my heart looks like Your heart
When the world looks at me, let them agree
That my heart looks like Your heart, my heart looks like Your heart"


The thing I love about David was the fact that He did things wholeheartedly for God and not for his own selfish ambitions. In fact, he would not have succeeded if he had done things for himself. He trusted God so completely that when he was faced with much bigger and more powerful enemies, failure is not even a thought in his head. 

In Acts 13:22 the Bible days that "...God testified concerning him: I have found David, son of Jesse, a man after my own heart..."

Wow, how amazing would it be if God said to me, "Liz, I have found you to be a woman after my own heart!" What does this even look like? 

My prayer has often been that I would be a mirror to reflect the face of The Son. When Moses came down from the mount after talking with The Lord, the people of Isreal couldn't even look at his face because it was shining so bright. How apt is it that the Son(sun) is the source of our light?

The thing is, right now we can only be spotty mirrors that give a poor reflection. If you've ever seen an old mirror, or been to the hall of mirrors in Versailles, you know that you cannot see a clear or very accurate reflection because the mirror is old, foggy and worn. The glass is wavy and as much as we try to see the reflection, it's not as clear as the actual object being reflected. 

Our lives are being built to the ultimate climax - CHRIST'S RETURN! At that time, the Bible sad that we are going to be transformed into the likeness of Christ!!

For the time being we are but a dull reflection of God. 

"For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. "

-I Corinthians 13:12

After the incredible climax is the ultimate resolution. The mirror will be shattered and standing there will be our new bodies, transformed into the likeness of God!

"Now The Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of The Lord is there is freedom. And we all, with unveiled face, beholding  the glory of The Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another."

-II Corinthians 3:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment