Friday, April 17, 2015

Prayers for Fiji

When most people consider Fiji they think of it as being a resort destination, but did you know that it is actually a third world country? That means that the majority of the population lives in poverty according to American standards of living.

In just 7 weeks from now, I will be heading off for this country to become part of a team of interns with Evangelism Explosion. While there, I will learn how to reach people of different cultures and ages for Christ while building relationships with the locals. In addition, I'll have the chance to visit local villages and do service projects.

Here's a bit of my journey towards praying about going to Fiji...


In the past few months, there have been a couple of prophetic prayers from my church that have been directed for me.


The first one was "for a girl with long hair who recently lost a piece of jewelry. God wants her to place her trust in Him." with the reference to Proverbs 3:5-6


"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths."


The crazy part was, I had just lost a favorite earring the day before and couldn't stop thinking about it.


Several weeks later, there was another prophetic word directed to me, it said,


"For someone who knows they are facing a huge change in their lives this summer and feels burdened because of it. The Lord invites you to come to Him and is saying I am always there for you. Find rest in my steadfast love for you."


I felt my heart tugged when I heard those words, because I knew they were for me. I had been praying for several weeks about my summer plans, but felt the constant financial burden wearing me down. 


It was through prayer and words of confirmation from friends and family that I realized God was calling me to go to Fiji for the summer. As I was praying about God's leading, it seemed as if everyone and his sister decided to start drinking Fiji water en mas. I kept seeing "Fiji" everywhere. I even found a bottle mysteriously  in the backseat of my car! (Was that a sign or what?)




So it is with excitement that I prepare for this next adventure that the Lord has for me. 


If I have learned anything in the past week from my eye injury, it is this: God works through prayer.


I want to thank each and every person who prayed for healing for me. As I write, my eye is almost completely healed, but I will find out for sure on Tuesday. In two days, the tear in my cornea went from being 8mm to 3mm and I know it's even better than that now.


So, as I look towards heading out of the country, out of my comfort zone and to a new nation and people group, I want to ask for prayer.


1. Pray that God would work in me to teach and grow me in new ways.

2. Pray that he would use me as his witness to the people I come in contact with.
3. For the team of people that I will be living and working with.
4. Pray that I would be able to get the financial means necessary for this trip(and be able to relinquish my control to God's plan for me)

I need a strong group of supporters and prayer warriors backing me up in order for this trip to be a success. So in advance, I thank all of you.


Questions or comments, feel free to leave a line or send an email! I'd love to hear from you!


Blessings,


Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment