Friday, November 29, 2013

Day of Thanksgiving


Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good,
 for his steadfast love endures forever.
-psalm 136:1

Yesterday was my first Thanksgiving away from my family. I woke up slightly disappointed that I couldn't spend the day with them and upset that I had to teach. This thought only lasted a minute, as it was swept away by unfathamable gratitude. It started with the ray of light that was slipping through the curtains. I jumped up to look out the window. 

The sunrise was amazing. 

Just as the warmth of the sun spreads over the earth, joy and gratitude filled my entire being.  So, I started thanking God for what I did have, and you know what the first thing that I thought was, "thank you God for allowing me to see my students today!"

I have so much to thank God for! He has blessed me so much and I can't help but rejoice. Even my longing for seeing my family was satisfied with, not one, but two FaceTime dates before and after dinner. 

I had a half of a day of teaching, then the afternoon was filled with decorating and cooking. I love to decorate and just like I do at home, I went on a little scavenger hunt around the compound to find beautiful things to decorate the room with. 


We had around 25 people gather together, representing 8 different nationalities. What a blessing to share our American holiday with so many people! The food was amazing, the fellowship better, and the time of singing praise songs at the end was the best. 





No comments:

Post a Comment