Monday, November 4, 2013

Passage of Time


In some ways, time seems to stand still here. This weekend back home everyone set their clocks back an hour, but there's no need for that here. We're so close to the equator that the days are almost divided equally between day and night. Time seems to stand still. It's easy to forget that the rest of the northern hemisphere is changing. The leaves are turning as the ground prepares for colder weather. 

Just so that I wouldn't forget what fall looks like, my dad sent me a picture from our backyard. 


Meanwhile, I'm still in my tank tops and shorts. In fact, as the rainy season is turning into the dry season, the weather's actually gotten hotter with no clouds to cover the glaring sun.  So in a way, we do have a change of seasons, just a little less drastic. Hot and wet to hot and cold. 

While I may be missing my favorite season at home, I also know that being here in Nigeria is also a season for me. God has put me here fort his short passing season of my life. Even when it seems like things may stay the same, they're really changing all the time. New friendships are forged. Lessons are learned. Each day brings it's own challenges, but also blessings. Seasons in our lives may change, but God never does... Jesus is the same yesterday, and today and forever. (Hebrew 13:8)

"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."

-Ecclesiastes 3:1


No comments:

Post a Comment