Sunday, August 18, 2013

"patience is an action"

So I'm going to cut to the chase, because I don't know where this fits in with this blog post. Anyway, several weeks ago, I received my lovely packet that I had so carefully put together, with a note on top saying my visa had been denied.

 I realized that I started to write a blog post almost a month ago, but then never posted it. In that time SO much has happened.

Soon after I turned in my Visa I ran into a couple of people that I didn't know well, but who were able to both encourage and challenge me. One of the "chance encounters" or as I like to see it, a "providential encounter." It was an older gentleman that I used to go to church with years ago, and although I didn't know his name, and have probably never spoken to in my life, he was still able to give me several things to think about.

Here is his list of 4 ways to know God's will for your life:

1. There will be obstacles that come up that seem huge and insurmountable, but when you come up to them, they go away

2. Seems completely crazy by the world's standards

3. Is something that is uncomfortable, and you may actually be unwilling to do initially

4. Satan's will for your life will be easy sailing.

Right now I can vouch for each of these, but  am still seeking the Lord's direction to know where HE wants me to be.


"You have examined my heart and know everything about me...
You see me when I travel and when I rest at home.You know everything I do...
If I dwell by the farthest oceans,
Even there your hand will guide me
and your strength will support me. "
    -Psalm 143:1, 3, 10

No comments:

Post a Comment