Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Birthday

Happy Birthday Daddy-O!



Today is my dad's birthday, and because I love him, I sometimes call him Daddy-o. 

To a fabulous dad who's been sick with the flu for the past week, Happy Birthday from your daughter across the sea!

So, because it's his birthday I just want to reminisce about some of my favorite moments with my dad.

To top it all, I think my favorite memory was the time that the two of us went camping together, no brother's just the two of us. 

My dad is  the ultimate do-it yourself man. If there was ever a job that needed to be done, he would go to the library and pick out a stack of books, and somehow figure out how to do it.(Now he mostly looks online) He taught himself car mechanics, gardening and how to build a house, as well as a list of other things.

It's crazy to think about how little we knew about gardening, when we first moved to South Carolina.When I was around six we got some beautiful red flowers and planted them straight into the hard clay, not realizing that there was no way for them to grow in that soil.

Around that same time, I think I gave my dad the same present for a couple of birthdays and Christmases. I would go out into the backyard and find a small sapling from an oak or pine tree. I was so excited to give my dad his very own tree! I thought it was the coolest thing ever and thankfully his enthusiasm matched mine as he opened his homemade present.

I also have to thank my dad for teaching me some mad cooking skills. Some of our favorite times have been working together in the kitchen to make up some fabulous new concoction.
At the airport before heading back to Nigeria. 


Dad, may God bless you in the next year of your life!

Love,

Liz

 "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace."
-Numbers 6:24-26






No comments:

Post a Comment