Tuesday, March 4, 2014

French Onion Soup

I got a good hankering for a bowl of warm French Onion Soup, complete with the crusty french baguette and cheese. I wanted a soup that would take me back to that cafe in the Latin Quarter. That kind of food just can't be found around these parts, so I decided to make my own.


Now, my finished result is a far cry from that warm steaming bowl of heaven that I had on that chilly day in Paris, but I do have to say, despite all of the complications, it did hit the spot.

The oven is difficult to regulate, beef broth is unheard of here, and Gruyere is impossible to find, unless it is specially flown in, so all of that in account, this is what I got.

Oh, by the way, I am currently in love with  Peter Reinhardt and his bread recipes.  He has breadmaking down to a science and it is wonderful!

On top of a fabulous dinner, I was so excited to remember this afternoon that today is Mardi Gras! It was night to end the day with a French twist.

Blessings,

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment