Friday, March 21, 2014

My Soul Thirsts for You


Psalm 62:1

    Oh God, you are my God;
I earnestly search for you.
My soul thirsts for you;
    my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land
    where there is no water.

It's amazing what a little bit of water can do to restore life. If you've never experienced the rains after a drought, or in this case, the dry season, it is wonderful to behold.

Within a day, the same plants that were brown, begin to show green. Months without rain cause the ground to grow hard. The dusts blows, plants wither, wells dry up. Life goes on with the knowledge soon the rains will come.




I get a glimpse of what Noah must have felt. No rain, then all of the sudden, sheets of water falling from the sky. The rain brings life and wakens my own soul. On an impulse, I drop everything in my hands and run out in the rain, arms wide open, singing prayers of thanks to God. With reckless abandonment, I twirl in circles, singing as loudly as I can, yet the rain is louder still.

Psalm 143:6 "I lift my hands to you in prayer. I thirst for you as parched land thirsts for rain."



Hallelujah grace like rain, falls down on me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment