Thursday, June 18, 2015

Jagged edges no more

I am so amazed at how creative God is and how very similar and yet vastly different each of the beaches are. Over the past 8 weeks, I've walked on multiple beaches around the world. Before I left my lovy hometown of Charleston, I took one last walk on the beach. Then in both Australia and Fiji, I've gotten the chance to walk on numerous beautiful beaches. Each one has a unique touch that the other one does not have. 

The beachfront in Australia has sandy beaches, but also sections of rocks. As you walk along the beach, you can see different pieces of sea glass. I've always been facinated with sea glass. The first time I saw it was years ago when I was little. My dad had a business trip close to the beach and brought a shell back for each of us, but for me, he had a small rounded piece of sea glass. 

Sometimes we are like these pieces of glass. We have sharp, jagged edges that cuts those around us. God is like the waves of the ocean and over time he rounds out those edges that slice. It doesn't happen overnight, but it takes time. It takes years of being warn down by the sand and waves. We aren't beaten down, but instead being refined. 

In the end, that piece of glass that was nothing but rubbish, has become beautiful, almost like a small gem. 

"Mightier than the thunder of many waters, 
mightier than the waves of the sea,
The Lord on high is mighty!"
-psalm 91:4


No comments:

Post a Comment